Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Versions 1.2 and 1.3

After a small hiatus from development, I returned with renewed vigor and verve to reapply myself with gusto.

*cough*

Or, at least I returned. I dabbled in a few bug fixes, only to be continually frustrated by my vastly incomplete knowledge of Java and Android programming. Every leak I covered, it seemed, sprung two new ones, plus a mole. As many Moles I A-Whacked and leaks I plugged, new problem seemed to just pop up somewhere else. Thus, my on-and-off dabbling didn't accomplish much.

Finally, I realized I and my application would have to hunker down and duke out our differences in a wee hour death match. I stayed up until 5:30 AM, but I finally worked in the following changes:

  • Sound playback is now accomplished through a background service (before it played through the main activity; now it is freed up to handle things in a more ongoing way)
  • A settings panel is now in place, with an option for auto shutoff based on an alarm
  • A notification appears in the status bar while sound is playing in the background
  • Two new sounds: Waterfall and Lapping Waves
I've come a long way; there is still a long way to go. I drew up a list of plans, and it grew much larger than I expected it would. The ultimate goal is to have enough features and sounds to warrant a paid version, accompanied by a Lite version with limitations and sound samples to try out before purchasing the full one.

No comments:

Post a Comment